Tagged by —dopamine :)
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people then link them in the post.
Rule 4: Tell them you tagged them.
Onto the questions!
1. What is your favourite quote?
“A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.” – Zen Shin Talks
2. What was the last book you read for fun?
The Violinist’s Thumb by Sam Kean; it’s an interesting and funny story of the history of biology for the layman.
3. What is your favourite memory?
I don’t have a single ‘favorite’ memory… but I really cherish the memories of my childhood.
4. If you could be fluent in any language fluently, what would it be and why?
If I could be fluent in any language, I would be fluent in Chinese. It would be really nice to be able to communicate with my relatives with ease. While both my parents are quite fluent in English, I’m sure there are things that they would be able to communicate better in Chinese, if only their words weren’t wasted on my clumsy grasp of the language. I imagine a lot of beautiful nuances are lost in translation, be it verbal communication or literature. I would love to read and understand Chinese poetry to its full depth – I’ve heard that some of the best works of Chinese poetry are very eloquent and profound.
5. What is your favourite TV programme?
When I was a kid, my all-time favorite TV show was Avatar: The Last Airbender. It still has a special place in my heart. Right now, I’m enjoying the anime Barakamon.
6. What’s the farthest you’ve been from your current place of residence?
China, during summer vacation.
7. Who inspires you?
My peers. Sometimes when I’m in class, or just hanging out, I am struck by how hardworking, persistent, or naturally inquisitive my classmates really are.
8. What’s the weirdest fact about you that you’re willing to share?
From time to time I sleepwalk, but I almost always remember it/catch myself in the act. My sleeping habits are very abnormal, interesting, and uncontrollable.
9. If there were any positive message you would give to your younger self, what would it be?
Don’t worry about other people’s expectations, judgment, or praise. Believe in yourself. Question and explore. Enjoy.
10. What superpower would you like to have and why?
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve had an unwavering fascination with flight/high places. Flying without any apparatus just seems like it would be such a lovely experience.
The more practical side of me would pick a superpower like photographic memory or something useful that would help me learn and retain information faster.
11. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My enthusiasm/appreciation for all things. I’m not limited in my interests; I just want to learn and improve. (sometimes I do wish I only liked one thing, so I would just concentrate on it)
My Eleven Questions for you guys:
1. Song that best fits your mood right now?
2. Do you listen to podcasts? If so, what?
3. What is one thing about yourself that you hope to improve?
4. Favorite fictional character? (from a book/movie/tv show/anime)
5. How would you spend your day off (zero work/responsibilities)?
6. Favorite quote/motto?
7. What was the best thing that happened to you today?
8. What is one thing you wish you could hear more often?
9. What was your dream last night?
10. What is your earliest memory?
11. What is one thing you’d like to learn?
yuuuki, nottodaymrweasley, headspacing, noctas, kamaeto, hidoii, sonny-skies, l—apinly, apaulagize, riverofmysteria, lifealamed
Have you ever been to Earth? On Earth, we use the word “burrito” to describe a tortilla filled with things you eat. Pre…
omg lolol dead